I’ve always stressed the importance of establishing a thriving inner ecosystem in our digestive tract. Digestion is everything. Disease begins in the gut but so does your health. Your gut health affects the health of every other major system in your body.
Firstly: Pique Tea health benefits:
The good news is that tea polyphenols is one of the very best ways to feed your healthy gut bacteria and increase their quantity!
But just how do we best set up these friendly “good bacteria” for success? By enhancing the growth of good bacteria naturally with polyphenol-rich foods.
One of the simplest and easiest foods to find such nutrients is tea.
Not only do polyphenols increase counts of beneficial bacteria, they also inhibit growth of potentially pathogenic bacteria, otherwise known as “bad bacteria”.
There’s More – Reduced Stress and Sustained Energy
Tea polyphenols not only improve the gut, but the high content of l-theanine (an amino acid) in tea helps reduce stress and provides the body with sustained energy.
The 3 reasons I have been loving Pique Tea:
- Delivers up to 12x the antioxidants of regular tea, making it more potent and powerful than any other tea in the market
- Made from the highest quality tea leaves and natural ingredients that are organic, sugar-free and free of additives
- The only tea company to Triple Screen for pesticides, mycotoxins and heavy metals
Effortlessly hot and cold water soluble which I love for travel.
1) Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups Pique Sencha Organic Green Tea, Brewed and Chilled (can mix crystals into cold water, too)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 3 tbsp. raw cashews or 2 tbsp. cashew butter
Blend all ingredients until smooth.
2) Pique Tea Crystals Green Tea Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups Pique Jasmine Organic Green Tea, Brewed and Chilled (can mix crystals into cold water, too)
- 1/3 cup nut milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
Pour the tea over ice, top with milk and enjoy.